Eastern Coromandel Community Services Trust (formerly Whangamata Community Services Trust) is a one-stop social services shop providing whānau support, social work, domestic violence intervention, counselling, budgeting services, medical transport, advocacy, foodbank, a weekly community meal, community vehicle, youth support and an OSCAR school holiday programme for our local area.
We are the only local agency of its kind covering Whangamata, Tairua, Pauanui, Hikuai, Onemana, Opoutere and Whiritoa. We depend fully on securing government contracts, funding grants, sponsorship, and donations to enable us to keep our doors open and to support our local community.
The Trust has grown and continues to grow and improve the range of services it provides, while adapting to meet the needs of our growing community, individuals, and whānau. We always endeavour to meet the needs of our community in a caring and confidential manner and by empowering clients to become self-reliant and resilient.
Our Charitable Purpose
Our charitable purpose is to develop and maintain services to meet the social needs of our community by:
- The maintenance and development of social services
- The provision of information services to the community at large
- Facilitation of clients’ use of central government services
- Provision as far as practical of a ‘one stop centre’ for locally provided social services
- Provision of education and training services related to the Trust’s activities
- Seeking to optimise interfaces between the Trust and central/local government.