The Stroke Foundation is committed to:
- supporting people affected by stroke
- keeping people safe from stroke
- improving treatment for stroke survivors.
Community Stroke Advisors:
- Make home visits to meet stroke survivors, family/whanau and carers
- Help assess needs and treatment
- Set goals and work on plans
- Give information, support and advise
- Introduce stroke clubs, community and recreational groups
- Help ensure those affected by stroke are getting the best services and treatment.
Contact details for Community Stroke Advisor for Whangamata area is:
Phone: 07 571 3050 or 0800 787 653